What you’ll do
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee production and operations to ensure adherence to the daily production schedule and right first time performance.
- Maximize throughput of manufacturing processes, machinery, and tooling.
- Coordinate with other business functions to understand customer requirements, provide production lead times and ensure timely delivery of orders.
- Improve efficiency of daily manufacturing activities and optimize resource allocation.
- Establish and monitor SPC data for critical features to determine process capabilities and performance reliability.
- Lead planning, designing, and implementation of new technologies that aim at cost reduction, productivity improvement, and minimizing downtime.
- Provide leadership team with key business initiatives on focus areas.
- Monitor critical KPI to assess production performance and present MIS reports to leadership.
- Support Design for Manufacturing during NPD stages.
- Map process flow and conduct failure analysis to identify root causes and areas of improvement.
- Ensure conformance of products to industry standards.
- Develop and ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and visual management tools to ensure process integrity.
- Increase safety engagement and identify improvement areas to reduce injuries.
- Coach junior staff and lead production training workshops.
- Lean Manufacturing practices (Value Stream Mapping, Poke Yoke, Kanban, etc.)
- Line Balancing, Standard Work, Tooling/fixture design.
- Experience with electro-mechanical assembly required.
- Knowledge of ISO/TAPPI/SCAN Standards.
- Interpret engineering drawings and technical specifications.
- Experience with MES/ERP systems is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Proven teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Desired Candidate Profile
- Minimum experience of 3-5 years in a manufacturing environment preferably from paper industry, instrumentation, or other engineering operations.
- Qualification: B. Tech/BSc in Industrial/Production/Mechanical Engineering or higher.
- Proven experience managing workforce in a production facility.
- Project Management experience.
- Knowledge of industrial equipment and raw materials.
- Ability to diagnose equipment malfunctions.
- Must have willingness to drive change and coach staff on new practices.